Top 10 Wellness Tips
1. Do something creative and unrelated to work every day, even if for only 10 minutes.
2. Imagine yourself at 80, and then ask yourself if your current situation will really impact where you’ll be in life at that age.
3. Don’t abandon your hobbies; residency is not a jail sentence.
4. Spend some time with family and old friends.
5. Realize you don’t have to please everyone.
6. The holy trinity of resident daily wellness: sleep some, exercise some, and eat some fruit and vegetables every day.
7. Don’t be afraid to ask for help, and don’t wait too long to get it.
8. Try to be thankful at least once a day.
9. Talk to yourself as you would talk to your friends; don’t be too harsh on yourself!
10. Put limits on work.