Postgraduate Medical Education Research Grant Program
*The 2021-2022 application period is now open.*
It is with pleasure that we invite you to submit a grant application for your research project. Whether it is on the organization of care, call schedules, balancing work and family, mental health during residency... we are eagerly waiting for your application.
You will find below all the instructions for submitting a project.
Resident doctors from the four faculties of medicine are eligible for these grants, except for members of the Federation and FMRQ-affiliated association (AMRM, ARM, AMReS, AMReQ) boards of directors.
- Postgraduate medical education (in general)
- Clinical exposure
- Passing exams
- Academic models
- Organization of care
- Continuity of care
- Call schedules
- Quality of life
- Patient handover
- Where new billers set up in practice
- Balancing work and family/Parenthood
- Mental health during residency (psychological distress and other issues)
- Any other topic related to the FMRQ’s mission
Need help preparing the grant application?
The FMRQ has made a short video available to you, presenting tips and tricks to help you prepare your application.
- Each project will be evaluated on merit and according to the budget required for its completion.
- Evaluation is entrusted to an independent Scientific Committee made up of researchers or other experts in various health professions.
- The Committee’s work is co-ordinated by the FMRQ’s permanent staff.
- The full amount of the grant must be used for carrying out the project (research assistant, data collection and input, etc.). At no time shall it constitute remuneration for the researcher or supervisor. The FMRQ will cover the payment or reimbursement of expenses incurred within the framework of the project in question, upon presentation of bills/supporting documents.
- A supervisor or research team should accompany each project.
- Progress reports could be required during project realization.
- A copy of the manuscript of the article or research report must be submitted to the Scientific Committee upon request.
- Projects must lead to the submission of an article to a peer-reviewed journal, a lecture/presentation at a conference/symposium with a peer committee, or dissemination of the findings/results in a publication intended for a targeted readership in the medical world or the general public.
- Any publication or lecture/presentation must underline the contribution of the Fédération des médecins résidents du Québec.
Dissemination of results
The FMRQ reserves the right to have this research published in targeted publications, as agreed with the authors, to foster its dissemination at symposiums or conferences, or to promote it in Federation publications.
For more information and to submit your application
Director, Research and Sociopolitical Action