Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Warning! The dates below are subject to change at any time. Consult the Exams section of the Royal College website for further details.
Royal College Specialty Certification Examination
Application for training and/or practice assessment
- Spring exams: April 30 the year before the exam
Fall exams: August 31 the year before the exam
(Candidates will be required to apply via the newly launched Credentials/e-booking system.)
Application for continued training assessment
(after Surgical Foundations and before final surgical specialty exam) ** For surgical specialties only.
- Spring exams: April 30 the year before the final surgical specialty exam
- Fall exams : August 31 the year before the exam
*This includes Surgical Foundations and any other surgical specialty that has moved to the fall
(Late registrations will not be accepted)
- For the spring 2023 exams: November 4, 2022
- For the fall 2023 exams: April 15, 2023
Deadline to request exam accommodation
- Spring exams : November 4
- Fall exams : April 15th of the year you take the exam
Examinations Dates for 2022
Examinations Dates for 2023
For more information, including the written and oral components of the examinations, eligibility criteria, accommodations and cancellation policy, visit the Exams section of the Royal College website.