Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Warning! The dates below are subject to change at any time. Consult the Exams section of the Royal College website for further details.
Royal College Specialty Certification Examination
Application for training and/or practice assessment
- Spring exams: April 30 of the year before you write the exam.
Fall exams: August 31 of the year before you write the exam.
(Candidates will be required to apply via the newly launched Credentials/e-booking system.)
Application for continued training assessment
(after Surgical Foundations and before final surgical specialty exam) ** For surgical specialties only.
- Spring exams: April 30 of the year before you intend to write final surgical specialty exam.
- Fall exams : August 31 of the year you write before the exam.
*This includes Surgical Foundations and any other surgical specialty that has moved to the fall.
- For the spring exams: November 4 of the year before you write the exam.
- For the fall exams: April 15 of the year you take the exam.
- The centre you choose for the written examination will be the same centre for the applied examination. Please note that changes to your exam centre locations will not be allowed once exam registration closes.
Deadline to request exam accommodation
- Spring exams : November 4
- Fall exams : April 15th of the year you take the exam
Examinations Dates for 2024
For more information, including the written and oral components of the examinations, eligibility criteria, accommodations and cancellation policy, visit the Exams section of the Royal College website.