PEM in an Establishment
Identification of sectors of activity authorized to recruit and priority needs
The DRMG, in conjunction with the directors of professional services (DPSs) of its region and its area partners, draws up a list, by sub-area, of the sectors of activity with recruitment needs in its region. This list is analysed by the Physician Resource Management Committee – General Practice (COGEM) so it can make its recommendation.
From August 1 onward, the DMRG releases, through its region’s website, the list of needs for recruitment in establishments. Added to this list will be, no later than October, the list of priority needs for delivering front-line care to patients in doctors’ offices.
These lists must be released before the initial application period, and may be updated during the year. A list of all medical clinics in the region should be drawn up, highlighting clinics that have shown they are actively recruiting family physicians.
As the situation evolves, new needs can be submitted to COGEM during the year for approval.
To request privileges in an establishment:
- you must send your appointment application form to the executive director of the establishment;
- you will receive a letter from the executive director confirming the status of the establishment’s PEM;
- your application will be reviewed by the Executive Committee of the Council of Physicians, Dentists and Pharmacists (CPDP);
- the Credentials Review Committee will study your file and report to the Executive Committee;
- The Executive Committee will make a positive (or negative) recommendation concerning your application to the establishment’s Board of Directors;
- the Board of Directors will accept (or deny) your application, subject to approval from the regional department of general medicine (DRMG).