- PEMs in an Establishment -
Practice Exclusively in an Office
- You may not practise in a health-care facility without having a position in that facility’s PEM.
- Nevertheless, practising in an office is not subject to the requirement to obtain a PEM if the physician does not need privileges in a hospital.
- The physician remains a doctor participating in the public plan, and may thus be paid by the Quebec Health Insurance Board (RAMQ).
- This type of practice applies primarily to doctors who do not need access to a facility’s technical platforms, such as, for instance, rheumatologists, psychiatrists, and dermatologists. It all depends on the type of practice you decide to go for.